Monday, April 25, 2011

Half the hives arrived

 Last Friday we picked up one of the nuc hives and a package from Apis Hive Company.  We decided to wait until the following day to install them since we didn't have much time.  I was so excited I couldn't sleep that night.  The package of bees looked great.  Abby was sure excited to try out the new veil.

 
 



The nuc also looked really good.  I was shocked at how full it was.  You could tell it had been well established before we received it.  I think I would probably stick with the nucs if they are not much more money. At a minimum it is 4 weeks ahead of the package and really seemed to be a good way to go.  I have attached a clip of us installing the nuc.  I will try to post one of us installing the package. 


No comments:

Post a Comment