Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Value of Bees for Pollination

I found this great article on how important bees are to the home gardener.  Many people think pollination is only a concern for the large farms or growers, but it is really a concern for all of us with gardens.  Last year I really paid attention to my garden to see if I could see honey bees.  I saw some bees on my crab apple trees, but didn't see any on my garden plants (zucchini, squash, cucumbers, potatoes, peas, raspberries, black berries, etc.).  We go to all the work of creating a garden, it sure would be nice to get even a better return from our efforts.  Hopefully I see a lot more bees this year with my new hive.  I will hopefully have more hives available next year if anyone is interested in letting me keep one in your backyard.  In return I will give you some raw honey from the hive and you will receive all the pollination benefits. Don't worry I will do all the work.  

Here is the link: http://gardenbees.com/garden/gardpol.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan,


    You posted to my blog yesterday (mybeehivejournal.blogspot.com) so I thought I would check out your blog. When I went to your blog I realized who you are. This is Jason Knapp. You may remember me from back in the KPMG days. Good luck with the bees and the garden this year!

    ReplyDelete